Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Day is coming!

That's right!  Valentine's Day is on the way, so it's time to start thinking about creative ways to romance your loved one.  I've heard conflicting opinions about this little love fest that comes in February.  Some men enjoy the day while quite a few dread it.  I've heard it called a "NO WIN" situation by a few of the guys. 


Well no matter what you call it, it's a great time to have a date with your spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend or partner.  Quit thinking of this as a chore!!!  Think of it as a NO LOSE situation and make the most of it!  I really believe that if the proper amount of effort and creativity is put forth, both parties involved can have a really wonderful time and all expectations can be realized.  And don't just send the kids away and cook dinner, although I know some of you will still do this against my recommendation.  Contrary to my belief, "dinner in" should not count as a special occasion.  Seeing a movie together doesn't cut it either.

Here are some ideas:

Picnic in the park - cheese, grapes, wine.


Dinner at a fancy restaurant where she can dress up and you can put on a suit & tie - she'll appreciate the effort and I guarantee she'll think you look handsome.


Check out the bats on Allen Parkway/Buffalo Bayou with a blanket & champagne (I actually did this one!)


Check into a nice hotel in your own city for the evening and pretend you're out of town.


Go shopping for her together (Men, stores will let you go into the dressing rooms with her!)


Check out the newest wine bar...and order her an expensive glass!


Get a manicure/pedicure or couples massage together.


These are just a few simple plans that will surely work.  The main thing is to just put some effort into it.  Get creative!  Yes, flowers and candy are nice...but they are predictable.  Do something different!  And if you decide to go the Victoria's Secret route, that's ok, but stay with something she can wear underneath that will make her feel sexy but still says classy.  If you've done a good job of planning the day, you'll probably get to see whatever you purchased later!

Please add some comments if you've got other great ideas.  Now I have to go figure out my own plan.  I'll let you know what I come up with in a later post.  After Jen reads this, I'd better have something pretty cool cooked up!

No comments:

Post a Comment