Thursday, February 24, 2011

Restaurant Review - The Lexington Grille

Monday night I had dinner with my Dad at The Lexington Grille, his favorite nightly supper spot where everyone knows his name.  He's like Norm on Cheers...when he walks in he's greeted with a collective "Dan!" from the staff and several patrons.  So I try and join him every couple of weeks.  And now I'm immediately greeted favorably with a martini at the bar where Dad has usually already set up shop.  Mark the barkeep makes a mean dry Martini.  After cocktails at the bar, we saunter off to Table 51, Dad's table, where Anton and Marisol will take good care of us for the rest of the evening.  The other extremely helpful waiter is Patrick, who I would just like to mention in this post but was not on duty Monday evening.


I've been wanting to write about the Lexington Grille for some time now.  The folks at this quaint establishment just North of Hwy 59 off of Shepherd have been an additional family for my Dad ever since my Mother became ill last year and was spending many months in the hospital.  They provided him a safe haven to hang his hat, have a cocktail and a meal whilst forgetting the hell he was going through dealing with my Mother's ailments.  So before I even discuss the food, I want to send them all a huge Thank You from me and my family.  Knowing Dad had a warm and comfortable place to spend his evenings gave us all great comfort as we too were dealing with the stress of losing my Mother.


Dad and I both decided it was pasta night, so he ordered pasta w/marinara and grilled chicken.  I did the same but opted for a garlic, pesto and olive oil topping.  While we were waiting, I asked the kind owner Hossein Shajarat about a small appetizer to keep us busy.  That's one of the really nice qualities of this place, you can just ask for something and they'll do it.  As Dad says, "It's like your kitchen at home except with world-class chefs!"  Anyway, Hossein suggested something with shrimp and brought us 2 grilled shrimp bathed in a lemon/wine sauce with capers and sun-dried tomatoes.  Unbelievably good and just the right amount of food to wet our appetite.


Our pastas arrived quickly followed by a glass of some fabulous Cabernet Savignon.  I don't bother asking about the wine because everything they serve is top-notch.  We ended the meal with a cappuccino and biscotti.

2005 Lexington Street
Houston, Texas 77098
713.524.9877

Although the food is fantastic, it's the people and the atmosphere that create the memorable experience.  The entire staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home and elegantly served.  The Lexington has been around close to 20 years and many of the patrons are regulars, which is always a good sign.  Folks don't keep coming back regularly to a place unless the experience is superior.  So if you're in the area, stop into the Lexington for a try and tell them Britt Sudduth sent you.  This is actually one place that mentioning my name might help!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment