Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ralph's got huge shoulders...but I'm still a fan!

So I was perusing through my latest edition of Architectural Digest and was somewhat stunned at the picture of our friend Ralph on the cover.  At first glance, the whole suit/shirt/tie combo is his usual hip-cat cool.  Upon a closer look, the point to point shoulder width on that suit is way out of bounds.  You could land a small plane across his back!  Now Ralph is usually one step ahead of the rest of us, so maybe he's supporting a return to the 80's look, but I just don't think I'm ready yet.  Those big shoulders were just here it seems!





And is his shirt a bit tight in the neck?  Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.  Anyone else want to weigh in on this?  Ideas? Thoughts? 

Of course the magazine's spread on his new Women's shop in NY is outstanding.  Pure class all the way.  He had this built from the ground up though it looks like it's been sitting there steaming with maturity since 1920. 






On another note, the next time I get to Chicago or Paris, I've decided to drop a few nickels at Ralph's restaurant offering called RL.  The reviews all say it's amazing and a place any true Ralph fan should visit at least once.

Chicago

Chicago

Chicago

Paris

Paris

So although Ralph has confused me a little with his shoulder width, I'm still a big fan of his clothing and his lifestyle.  He is truly one of the coolest dudes on the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment