Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Fashion Faux Pas...Men's Jeggings....NO!

It's Friday and it's time to point out another grave mistake in men's fashion.  Or should I say un-fashion.  Today we're going to focus on a new trend, instead of beating up old trends like I enjoy doing.  Kind of a strike while the iron is hot kinda thing.  So here we go, Men's Jeggings!  I don't usually use the weird texting language of the current generation, but on this one they got it right....OMG!  If you don't know what that means, just ask someone under the age of 18 and you'll get a quick answer.

Jeggings are not new although they haven't been around long.  Most of you will think I'm talking about leggings, with an  "L".  I'm not.  Some nutso designer somewhere decided it would be cool to make jeans that look like leggings...and then creatively called them "J"eggings.  He and the guy that created the fanny pack are probably somewhere sharing the mansion and the cash together...lounging in jeggings with a fanny pack.

The original jeggings were pretty much strictly for women, which I really don't have a problem with.  A nice female bum is a thing of beauty and should be admired, especially when the jeggings show everything our wonderful God has given her!  I digress...

Then the nutso guy mentioned above decided that men should have equal footing, or legging, and designed the first pair of men's jeggings.  This, my friends, was a very sad, sad day.  It's not enough that I gotta deal with fanny packs, Sansabelt slacks, my son's flu, Egypt, Afghanistan and my gut that won't seem to shrink...now I gotta deal with this?  Wow!

Luckily I have not personally witnessed a men's pair.  But that day will come, probably sooner than later, and I will have to choke back my burger and fries just to move along my merry way.  I have however, been introduced to them via our funny friend Conan O'Brien when he spoofed them on his show.  Herewith, in case you missed it, are some shots from that monologue:





So now they're out there, in all their glory, and will probably become mainstream in some weird faddish kind of way.  Herewith are some other flaky examples:







So dear readers, do I even have to say this?  Do NOT, under any circumstances, purchase or don a pair of Men's jeggings.  Got it!  Good!  I'd really like to put this debate to rest.  And if I do catch someone on the street showcasing their junk in their jeggings, they must assume that a photo will be captured, pasted and then ridiculed within this blog.  So please be careful!


1 comment:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.
    leather men belt bag

    ReplyDelete