Monday, February 14, 2011

My Funny Valentine...for my Wife

I'm dedicating this Valentine's Day post directly to my beautiful wife.  Sorry ladies, but on this day, there's only one woman that has my heart and absolute dedication.



I was listening to my favorite XM station (Seriously Sinatra) last Thursday and they played My Funny Valentine by the Chairman of the Board, Mr. Frank Sinatra.  I'd never really listened to the words before, but the fella introducing the song said that his favorite line of any Sinatra song was the 3rd line of My Funny Valentine.  It says, "You make me smile with my heart".  Wow!  He's right...it's a powerful line.



Sometimes in the heated battle we call "Everyday", we forget to tell one another how much they really mean to us.   How much our life would diminish without the other.  Jen and I say "I LOVE YOU" all the time...and we mean it.  But sometimes, especially on Valentine's Day, it needs to be said with more gusto, more depth, more meaning and as Mr. Sinatra sings, "with a smile from my heart".



So Darling, I love you...from the deepest depths of my heart...smiling!  Happy Valentine's Day!


And I hope all of you dear readers have a wonderful, love filled day as well!

In addition, I'd like to wish a Happy Birthday to the best dog in the world, our own Riley.  Today she turns 4 and also marks the one year anniversary of her arrival to the Sudduth house.  It's been a true joy and pleasure to have her as part of the family.  I think even the cat is cool with her...most of the time anyway!

Happy Birthday Riley!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure whether to smile or gag. I think I'll smile! :) So so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete