Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fun Pants are in!

So it's 25 degrees in Houston...yes Baby, it's cold outside!  So I decided this would be a great day for this post!  And yes, I have my heavy flannel chalk-stripe suit on!

I have been noticing lately around the blog circuit that most folks have at least one pair of Fun pants, or as many of the wearers call them Go to Hell pants.  One blogger calls them F@#% You pants, but I think that's a little extreme.  Now that brings me to my issue...I don't have any!!!!  The closest thing in my closet is either yellow broadcloth or seersucker.  And that just ain't gonna cut it!  This is a major problem folks!  I gotta get me some....and quick!  And so should you!  Why you ask?  Because they're fun!  Jen and I are actually thinking of hosting a Fun Pants Party this Spring, so be on the lookout for the invitation and the perfect pair of pants. 

There is a very dapper guy in Charleston who writes the blog "Social Primer".  He was invited to a Fun Pants Party and shared the pictures in a post.  Now just tell me, how can you not have fun when your lower half is saying "Bring it Baby!"  Did you note the innuendo in that?







Just in case you're not picking up on the idea, here are some other examples from fellow bloggers Maxminimus, The Trad, PreppyPlayer, Houseofleaves and our friends at Brooks Brothers:












Here are some for the Holidays!



So go out into the world and find yourself a pair of Fun Pants.  I'll be looking for my own pair!  I'll post when I find them!  Until then, keep looking in your mailbox for that invitation to a Fun Pants party!

1 comment: