Friday, January 21, 2011

Houston - We have a Monogram Problem

Oh how I do love a cool monogram.  I have shirts with monograms, a wine bucket with monogram, a custom-made cigar humidor with monogram, cocktail glasses, cufflinks, lighter, letter opener, etc., etc.  So for Christmas I decided that my wonderful wife should have something of her own with monogram.  I thought she might like a nice set of Tervis Tumblers, those cool clear plastic cups with an inner lining of plastic so the glass doesn't sweat. 


So I set out to purchase the cups and add the monogram.  I chose the diamond shape with the last name initial in the middle.  I entered the initial information, completed the purchase and eagerly anticipated their arrival.  Now here's where I teach a valuable lesson about returning monogrammed Christmas gifts...you can't!  Upon their arrival, I was surprised to find that the monogram read JAS instead of the proper layout of JSA.  I hurriedly checked my Tervis order form only to find that ole' Britt had screwed the pooch and forgotten to "carefully" read the instructions.  Jen was just going to have to live with some pretty awesome glassware sans correct monogram.

Herewith is my mistake:


Now on to the good part.  My super observant wife decided that I too would like something with monogram and thoughtfully remembered that I have had my eye on a new stainless steel martini shaker.  The plastic shaker we have, that has indeed served its time well, needed retirement.  Upon opening the gift, we both looked at the monogram and realized that she had made the identical mistake.  But could I be upset? How could I?

Herewith is her mistake:


So as we both laughed at the mistakes, we agreed that a little Sudduth Law (very much like our friend Murphy) had occurred and that for the time being anyway, the Sudduth family will just call itself monogram challenged.  Dear friends, next time you order anything with a monogram, please read the instructions carefully, lest you might encounter a case of the dreadful mistaken monogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment