Friday, January 14, 2011

Desert Boot Follow Up

A few posts back, I told you all about my new Clarks Desert Boots acquired from eBay.  I also alerted you that they were just like the pair I owned as a kid.  Well, just so you don't think I would fib to you, I was thumbing through some old photos looking for something to go with another post, and I came across this Sudduth family picture that clearly shows my desert boots looking strong in about 1976.  I also just thought this picture was awesomely awful and just had to share!

Yours truly far left - Disco Fever Lives!

This photo is from either a wedding anniversary for my grandparents or some kind of family reunion in Waco, Texas...which was terribly fun because we got to hang with the only cousins near our age from Nebraska.  I have to admit that I hesitated putting this picture in the blog.  I mean come on....look at that leisure suit?  Should that have ever been adorned?  I remember it well though.  It was my John Travolta - Saturday Night Fever suit.  Tough blue denim with metal studs affixed on the pockets.  And the shirt collar...Wow!  As wide as it was, I remember complaining to Mom that the collar points should touch the jacket seam at the shoulder.  And not near enough bell bottom on the trousers!  I'm going to hold comments on the other family members.  They will be surprised enough just seeing the photo via the Internet!

So please enjoy that little chuckle you have going right now.  My saving grace is that anyone over the age of 35 has pictures just like this one hidden deep in the closet.  Bravery in posting is something one must have...and therefore...I give you the Clarks and 1976.


No comments:

Post a Comment