Monday, January 24, 2011

Brooks Brothers...Am I missing something?

I've been holding my tongue long enough!  This insanity just can't go on without comment!  I...must...say...something!  Here it comes....Brooks Brothers is out of their minds with the whole Black Fleece Collection!!!

Now I've been a friend of the Brothers ever since High School and they've never steered me wrong.  But I really think they are missing the boat on this trendy, gonna last about 2 years, everything is too small collection designed by Thom Browne.  I know they can't live on the over 40 crowd forever, but I think they've strayed too far!  Take a look yourself...see what you think.


Did they run out of fabric?

Oops, my sweater and bowtie shrunk in the dryer!

All I see is stripes!  Just stripes Man!  They're everywhere!

Have I gained weight?  This use to fit!

Get to higher ground!  There's a flood a 'comin!

Is that my old tuxedo from Jr. High?

And finally, the Abe Lincoln Presidential Collection

I'll probably catch some grief from the folks that just get bored with the consistency.  I know that fashion has to move forward and edgy is fine with me.  But I pride myself on creating a style that last decades.  I try to purchase items that my kids will want to own.  So why 'o why did the executives at Brooks Brothers do this?  Yes, they'll sell some of this stuff in New York City where trendy has a proper place.  But outside the City, this ain't gonna fly.  Forget that you'd have to be 38 slim to even try and pull this look.  I feel sorry for the 48 Long guys that fall for the advertising and show up at a party with an overpriced schmuck suit.


Thom Browne himself...obviously practicing what he preaches!  Hasn't Pee Wee Herman been doing this for years?


Look Familiar?

So Mr. Brothers, please keep your head about you and go back to doing what you do so well - dressing the masses professionally and elegantly with aged conservative sophistication.  Leave the trendy stuff to Abercrombie and Aeropostle where if grown men are stupid enough to purchase, they deserve every laugh and sarcastic remark!

2 comments:

  1. Came over from Maximinimus. Always nice to find another like minded blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you James! ADG is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy the content. Please tell your friends!

    ReplyDelete