Monday, March 28, 2011

Sand Gnats undefeated after first game!

Over the next couple of months all you dear readers are going to have to endure my posts detailing Daniel's T-Ball team, the Sand Gnats.  Daniel is 6 this year and this will be year number 3 for him.  He is clearly one of the best on the team and is starting to really understand the game.  The Sand Gnats are part of the Shetland Division (4 - 6 year olds) at Timbergrove Sport Association Baseball League.

The 2011 Sand Gnats ready to take the field for Opening Ceremonies

Saturday was Opening Day, a day-long event packed full of activities with Opening Ceremonies, Team Pictures, a Carnival (Jen was in charge of this undertaking), BBQ Lunch and of course the big first game.  Jen left for the field about 7:15 a.m. and we all arrived home about 7:00 p.m.  We are all extremely tired, a little sun-burned and in desperate need of a nap.  In fact, as I write this, Jen is in the middle of a 2-hour nap-a-thon which she so aptly deserves.

My Favorite Gnat - my boy Daniel

I am so pleased and excited to report that after game 1, the Gnats are undefeated!  The kids played their hearts out and I'm so proud of them all. The only problem is that we neither won nor lost...it was a tie, 14 - 14.  Now needless to say I would have preferred a win, but after losing every game last year, a tie is a huge moral victory for both me and the returning Gnats from last year.  We are going to win some games this year and I'm really looking forward to seeing them grow into a good team.  And Daniel played great!

The Gnat's in Green - Opening Ceremony

So please bear with me as I chronicle the season.  As Daniel's Daddy and  Manager of the Gnats, I just have to write about this wondrous event we call Little League.  Go Gnats!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment