Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mugshots...Art?

So I was sitting in the lobby of Hotel ZaZa last week awaiting the arrival of my lovely wife for lunch and noticed an odd photo/print in the corner.  It was fascinating!  It was a mugshot of Frank Sinatra from 1938.  I just couldn't help myself but to think how cool it was...the great crooner, the Chairman of the Board, getting arrested in his tuxedo.  And for what?  I had to find out!  Here's the skinny:

In 1938, a 23-year-old Frank Sinatra was arrested in Bergen County, N.J. on charges of seduction and adultery. According to the FBI reports, "On the second and ninth days of November 1938 at the Borough of Lodi" and "under the promise of marriage" Sinatra "did then and there have sexual intercourse with the said complainant, who was then and there a single female of good repute." This, the charge stated, was "contrary and in violation of the revised statute of 1937." The charges were later dismissed when it was determined that the woman involved was married.
 
 
Of course I had to have a copy of the print.  It arrived yesterday and is now in the pile with several other items awaiting a proper framing.  I've never thought of hanging a mugshot as a piece of artwork, but Mr. Sinatra just may be cool enough to pull it off.  The question now is where to hang the thing.  MyKala will freak out if I put in the hallway outside her door.  I don't think she'll enjoy 'Ole Blue Eyes staring at her every evening while she does her homework.  Maybe the bathroom?  Jen may have some say on this placement as well.  I'll take a photo and post once it finds it's final resting place on a wall.

2 comments:

  1. Just goes to show ya, a classy guy always looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen shared your blog on FB and I've had lots of fun reading it. You're a great writer! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete