Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daniel and a whale!

Well, maybe not a whale...but a pretty cool fish!  Sometimes a post just has to be simple, and today is one of those days.  For two reasons, one is that I'm just back from my mini Spring Break Vacation to our family place in E. Texas and two, because this post deserves it's own focused dedication. 

This post is about my son Daniel's first fish.  That's right!  My boy of 6 caught his first fish.  Not big, but a very nice catch.  And he did it all himself.  He made the cast, set the hook and reeled the rascal up to the dock.  He did however request that his old Dad take the fish off the hook, which I happily obliged.  Many photos were quickly snapped and the captured creature spent about an hour in a bucket, soon joined by many of his close friends and then set free.  Daniel was so proud, but not quite as proud as I.  What a boy!  And what a catch!

So without further ado...Daniel and his first fish, caught in Browsboro, Texas (3.12.11) on a safety pin hook made by his grandfather and using summer sausage for bait!


More on East Texas later this week, includinga review of Sissy's Country Cafe in Brownsboro!

No comments:

Post a Comment