Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oh gosh, is it time to decorate again?

So, it's that time again!  Didn't we just put all that stuff away?

Yep, it was time this past weekend to get it all out again, unpack the boxes, set up the Red and Green throughout the house and make a run to the Kroger for a tree.  I'm going to admit a few things in this blog that may help my marriage or incriminate me enough for a spousal tongue lashing.  This post should help! 

I REALLY ENJOYED SETTING UP CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!

It only took about an hour and was fairly painless.  First, we didn't try and do it all in one sitting.  We pretty much put all the decor throughout the house on Sunday and then made the tree run Monday evening.  The time spacing worked well!  Now let me just say so I don't get in trouble, I unpacked boxes and Mrs. S distributed the items to their rightful places - the tough part.  The tree purchase was especially cool because my wonderful 5-year old boy Daniel decided to make the trek with his dear ole Dad.  It didn't take long picking a nice small tree at the Kroger before we headed home.  I doubt my courteous Kroger Employee Assistant is reading this blog, but if he is...Thanks!  Job well done!

Upon our return, the tree was placed and methodically screwed into the stand and dinner was served - a very nice Pork Tetrazzini prepared by my lovely wife that was very tasty.  After dinner, as the wine flow continued and Amy Grant caroled traditional Christmas tunes, we began the tree decoration, all culminating in the boy on my shoulders, star insertion to the top of the tree.  This was quite a memorable moment for me as is probably the case with most Dad/Son joint efforts.  Didn't take long and now the Sudduth house is ceremoniously prepared to officially start the Holiday Season.



So, next year when I get "the look" and suggestion that we get the Christmas Stuff down, I need to remember that (1) it doesn't take that long, (2) it's really fairly painless, (3) I get to hear the sweet holiday melodies from Amy Grant, and (4) it all makes for wonderful memories.

So go decorate and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment