Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My eBay / Clarks have arrived!

That's right...my new Clarks Desert Boots from eBay are here!  Just like the ones I wore with my blue denim leisure suit with the metal studs down the leg in 1977!  Originally introduced in 1950, the desert boots have been a staple in many a man's shoe inventory.  It just took some of us a little time to get back into the game!

Here's the boot in its original format:
I purchase lot's of stuff on eBay, but rarely do I get this excited about a purchase.  I have to tell you, these were not the easiest eBay procurement. I must have bid on at least 5 pairs with no luck before landing these guys.  The boots like these run about $90 - $100 for retail new.  I paid $38.00 plus $9.50 shipping for a total of $47.50.  I think these have been worn just a few times because the sole is still pretty hard and the inside has no "previous owner" prints.

My first opportunity to trot these guys out came with the White Elephant Party we attended last weekend.  I paired them with some Brooks Brothers cotton mango colored socks just to throw everyone a curve ball.  The first time I crossed my legs, I received several "what are those" and "I had some of those as a kid" comments.  And I think there was one cat-call!

So may I present...my new (old/used/cool) desert boots:


For a casual, really comfortable shoe/boot, you just can't do better!  I'm going to enjoy these bad boys for a long, long time!  I may try and sleep in them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment