Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hangin' with God Parents at the P Club...

We had a unique opportunity last Friday evening to join my family and our extended family of Godparents for supper at the Petroleum Club, one of the oldest dinner clubs in Houston located high atop the Exxon Building downtown.  Our gracious hosts for the evening were my brother's Godmother Phillis and her main man Gil.   Joining us were my Dad, both my middle brother and his wife and my youngest brother with his significant confidant Amanda. Also in attendance were my wonderful Godmother Cynthia and her husband John.  So now that you've got the table setting, let's chat about the frivolity! 

Houston - 7:00 p.m.

Houston - 9:00 p.m.

Houston - 11:00 p.m.
  
Cade & Amanda

The Table

Jen's Dessert

Yours Truly and my Beautiful Bride

The night got started quickly with cocktails in the foyer and then moved on to the main dining room for another round and some dancing.  The folks at the P Club are serious about their dancing and love the Standards, which fit perfectly for Jen and I.  We took several rounds on the dance floor throughout the evening.

Appetizers were served and I started with a lovely Lobster Bisque while Jen took on her usual Caesar Salad.  Most everyone at the table opted for a nice petite Filet Mignon and healthy doses of Cabernet Sauvignon.  The meal was beautifully capped off with yet another birthday celebration for Jen as the entire room crooned her with another rendition of "Happy Birthday."

A long, fun, wonderful night of laughing, dancing, eating and sharing with family.  A huge thanks to our hosts for inviting us and creating yet another lasting memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment