Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No more golf please!!!

So I've been playing golf...every Monday...for the last three weeks...and I'm done!  Please don't make me go out there again.  Please let me work on Mondays.

Alright, I'll quit the pity party.  Yes, I played in three different golf tournaments over the past three Mondays and had a wonderful time doing it.  I usually play about two times annually, so this was a true rarity.  I played well at times and then not so well most of the other time, which is about par for me...yes that was a golf pun!

So here's the run-down of my golfing tour.  First I played in the University of Houston, Bauer School - Excellence in Sales Golf Classic at Kingwood Country Club as the guest of Frank Mims.


Then came the IAMCP (International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners) Golf Tournament at SugarCreek Country Club in Sugar Land.  I play in this one every year as a guest of InterDyn BMI.


And finally yesterday I participated in the Sigma Chi - Houston Alumni Chapter Golf Tournament also at SugarCreek Country Club.  I was the host on this one and my good friend Ted Leitch joined me as my guest.  We were paired with a fellow Sigma Chi Aaron Clark and his guest John Bunch.  The weather was a little weird in that we started with rain at Noon, then suffered through gusty winds and a temperature in the low 60's, all followed by a typical beautiful Houston sunny blue sky afternoon.  Although I couldn't hit the ball straight to save my life, we had a great time.  As they say, "Even the worst day on the golf course is better than a day in the office!"



Yours Truly and Ted Leitch

Me again with Aaron Clark and John Bunch

So next Monday, it's back to work.  And my body is fairly pleased with that scenario!  So please don't take pity on me...I'll be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment