Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Bowtie Friday!

Happy Bowtie Friday everyone!  No, it's not an official holiday so don't go running for your calendars.  It's just something that I do about once a month that makes me feel good...and gets a few comments from those in the cheap seats.  It seems that just because a guy decides to wear a necktie that doesn't reach his navel, he's making some kind of statement.  OK, well then here's the statement, make a statement! 

Every time you put together an outfit, ensemble, kit or rig, try and make a "statement" with one article of clothing.  If you're wearing a blue blazer and khaki's, put the white oxford away and pull out something with stripes, checks or patchwork.  If your wearing a plain white shirt with a gray suit, then make the tie your statement.  If you've decided to mix in a shirt with checks, windowpane or stripes then your tie and suit or blazer can be subdued.  Pick one thing that gives a little punch.  More than that and your risking making an over-statement, unless you're just that good and can pull it off!


So today is Bowtie Friday and I've gone with a lovely yellow fish spotted bowtie given to me by my niece last Christmas.  I've paired it with a Brooks Brothers buttondown in blue and yellow stripe stripe in there to mix it up.  And I've got the blue blazer working with khaki trousers.  A very nice rig punctuated at the top with the bowtie...my statement of the day. What's your statement?

Sand Gnat update - we lost in the last inning by a run.  Very disappointing but the kids played well.  Gnats are now 0-1-1 going into our next game Saturday.  I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment