Friday, April 8, 2011

Dinner Club...Sudduth Style!

Last weekend was our bi-monthly Dinner Club event.  The great difference this month was that it was held at our house!  This scenario creates both a sense of anguish and related enjoyment.  For it does cause an enormous amount of both physical and mental work but at the same time brings great pleasure to host our wonderful friends.  Everyone was in attendance but the Wyman's who had business obligations.  Personally, I would have come to dinner club...it's way more fun!

The calm before the Storm!

So Jen and I decided to host this fete on the back patio.  It's about to turn hot with the arrival of mosquitoes here in Houston so you gotta use the outdoors while you can.  Everyone arrived, took their cocktails and found a place for cheese and olives amongst the setting of Adirondack chairs.  Jen had a wonderful idea to hang additional twinkle lights throughout the backyard for ambiance, so yours truly did some digging in the attic for Christmas lights and rigged up the tether ball pole as a makeshift hanging apparatus.  With a little elbow grease, a great idea came to light and really did add the extra swish of flare we needed to turn our backyard into a Pottery Barn Catalog scene.

Taking cocktails & appetizers amongst the Adirondacks

Enjoying youself Mr. Biggs?

Creative Vasing Exercise No. 1

Creative Vasing Exercise No. 2

That's one fine shirt Mr. C!  Is that from Britton Sudduth Clothier?  Yes!

The first lap dance of the evening!

The crowd, now 2 bottles of wine in, took their appropriate places at the table.  The first course arrived and was received with a couple of smirks.  Yes, we had a couple of male pansies who just couldn't get there tongues around Alligator Bisque and Venison Sausage!  I guess they finally manned-up cause there wasn't a lick of that bisque to be found later.

Bring on the Bisque de Alligator!

Come on Baby light my fire!

While I was in the kitchen, everyone changed seats to find a different chatting partner.  Then came the main course.  If you read my blog often you'll recognize the serving from a previous dinner party.  Yes, it was so good we decided to just replicate.  We served a Filet Mignon with Roquefort Sauce with sides of Gnocchi and Parmesan, Butter and Garlic Green Beans.  Also on the table were a trio of artisan breads to choose from.  I must say it has become one of my all-time favorite dishes and several folks mentioned there might be a future problem with an addiction to Roquefort Sauce.

Yes, we cook and serve!

The Final Product...them's some good eats!

Butcept a few green beans, we had 10 "Happy Plates"!  The wine kept flowing...and flowing...and flowing.  Then came dessert of White Chocolate & Lime Cheesecake with an Oreo crust.  Absolutely scrumptiously prepared by Jen.  She nails the desserts everytime!  Several glasses of Port were consumed and did I mention that the wine was flowing?

Jen's fabulous cheesecake

Aaahhh...the Biggs!

Ms. Tara and the Ish!  Sounds like a movie title?

Have I ever told you what you can do with your little finger?

Holy Crap...Tara's broken into spontaneous dance!  And it ain't pretty!

How can this be the only picture of Ruthie?

By 11:30 or so, the babysitters needed relief so our friends took their away, leaving  us with another fabulous Dinner Club memory as well as a huge mess to clean up...the next day.  Jen and I got back on the porch and jabbered away until 1:00 in the a.m.  I love Dinner Club!

I have to mention that even though Easter is not here quite yet, I did break out my yellow cotton pants and my Guayabera Shirt all paired with flip flops.  So no comments about the yellow pants!  I do love my Guayabera shirt.  Jen gave it to me last year and really deserves a post of its own.  My lovely wife wore her brand new "Ready for Spring" Green Dress from Anthropologie recently acquired on our last date night.  She looked even better than the Roquefort Sauce!  Ok, so I'll shut it down now.  A huge thanks to all our Dinner Club friends.  From the "Happy Plates" and empty bottles, you had a pretty good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment