Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Sudduth's have an Anniversary

My lovely bride and I just had our 7th Wedding Anniversary on May 1st.  Yes, after 7 years, she still thinks I'm fairly cool, occasionaly funny and somewhat good looking!  And I think she's the best thing since sliced bread.  So we decided to make Monday evening a date night out to celebrate and decided to plan an evening of cocktails and then a steak dinner.

We started our romantic interlude at RDG + BarAnnie with cocktails on the upper deck.  Jen had a really nice margarita on the rocks that tasted more like a greyhound.  I, of course, opted for my usual gin martini, up with 3 olives.  Absolutely sizzling!  We took in the views of Post Oak Blvd., checked out the fashion choices of the other patrons, talked of our summer vacations and even enjoyed the lofting cigar smoke from a nearby table.



Then it was off to our all-time favorite Houston restaurant, Pappas Bros. Steakhouse.  I don't know how anyone could have another favorite.  Pappas is simply the best in town.  In our opinion, the atmosphere, the service and the food are absolutely hands-down better than the rest.  And once again, they did not let us down...all was perfect!






We started with cocktails in the lounge, hanging with mostly men from the OTC Conference enjoying themselves by acting manly and exercising their company expense account.  We then relocated to our cozy and romantic booth and continued the experience.  Wedge salads were delivered followed by Filet Mignon and Potatoes Au Gratin, possibly the single best food item ever placed in my mouth.  We enjoyed a nice bottle of Cabernet from Justin Vineyards of California and managed to take our leave without consuming a heavy desert.

"Yes Mr. President...who else do you want me to shoot this week?"

The celebration ended as we took nice glasses of Port and Sambuca on the Casa de Sudduth Veranda whilst basking in the breeze of an uncharacteristically cool May evening in Houston.  All-in-all, one of our finest evenings together.  I want to say thank you to my dear wife who I love more deeply every year.  I can't imagine such a fulfilled life without her by my side.  Here's a picture from where it all started:

She is truly the most beautiful woman in the world...that day and today!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Glad you had a fun anniversary celebration! Beautiful wedding pic, too!

    ReplyDelete