Wednesday, May 11, 2011

PKZ Prints and a slice of Orange...

Over the past year or so I've been watching several blogs with great enjoyment.  That's right...not only do I maintain a Blog but I also peruse and slip into other blogs that capture my attention - mostly focusing on men's habits and fashion.  From time to time I pick up little nuggets that really intrigue me, like cool men's fashion artwork for instance, depicting gentlemen in the late 1800's and early 1900's looking very much...well gentlemanly.  Much like what I picked up on with the Vanity Fair Caricatures, several of my Blogger Brethren have mentioned PKZ prints, reproductions of advertisements for PKZ Menswear in the early 1900's.  Like most vintage advertisement prints, the originals would fetch a very high price.  The reproductions can be had for about $50 - $200.  Click here to check out this bit published by one of my favorites - Maxminimus.  Here are some fine examples:





So we're not talking about high-priced, hard to find artwork, but instead something not often found in stores and certainly not commonplace in most Houston homes.  So I was somewhat shocked to be sitting in my tailor's fitting room yesterday and looking straight on at a lovely PKZ print.  How did Alberto know this was cool?  Is he reading the same blogs? Here's the photo:


Also just in, a new suit for one of my customers.  He, like me, likes to show a little fuzzy, nutty on the inside of his garment, so he opted for a bright orange lining.  Very cool indeed!  Also notice that we cut his lapels a tad thinner and did away with the front darting in order to create a slimmer, more current version of the suit.  It's not anywhere near the "skinny" suiting favored by Ryan Seacrest and the latest set of rock stars...it's what I would call "Edgy Traditional".



No comments:

Post a Comment