Friday, July 8, 2011

White Bucks...Summer Cool!

I was sitting here thinking I need to do a post and suddenly developed a serious case of writers block!  It ain't easy coming up with interesting stuff for you to read every week!  But then I looked down and found my inspiration.  Let me tell you about my great white bucks.  No, I'm not talking about some rare breed of deer that I took down last season.  I'm talking about shoes! 


If you don't have a pair of these wonderful shoddings, you need to get a pair...right now, while it's still hotter than poop outside and they're still in season.  Like seersucker, linen and other summer wear, white bucks are only allowed from Easter through Labor Day.  Then it's time to put them on the shelf for their winter hibernation period.

I bought my pair from Brooks Brothers back in 1998, about the same time my seersucker suit was acquired.  They don't get a lot of wear but I just think they look great with summer pants and even the occasional pairing with shorts and no socks if I'm feeling really sportish.  I wear them obviously every time I don my seersucker suit, but also with my madras patch fun pants, yellow cotton trousers and their going to look fantastic with my new Bill's brick red poplin trousers that just came into my closet (more on those in a future post).



Wearing white bucks is a little like the pink shirt in your wardrobe, yes you'll get a few comments claiming that you're a Dandy, but as long as you have the confidence to pull them off, you'll be fine.  I can't tell you how many folks have told me, usually like a doctor/patient or attorney/client relationship, that they wish they had a pair and one day hope to add them to their footwear rotation.








So go get you a pair and wear the heck out of them.  Like most shoes, they tend to look better with a few miles on them.  One of the bloggers I follow calls them "Southern Cocktail Shoes - the under appreciated seasonal refreshment" and I tend to think that's a fair and accurate representation.  You'll look great and you'll feel great every time you step out!

1 comment:

  1. "Southern Cocktail Shoes" beautiful! I do think they work best on casual days and they are very good for touring around. That red rubber sole is as easy wearing as a sneaker.

    ReplyDelete