Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fraternity Gear has gone Dandy...

So I was browsing through one of my Sigma Chi Alumni Magazines last evening and came across perhaps the coolest fraternity letter emblazoned item I've ever seen.  Now check this out!



The lining is over the top dandyrific!  Back in my college days, I would have appropriated every cent I had, save a few bucks for cheap beer, and bought a new one of these bad boys for the start of every semester.  Heck, we practically lived in our Blue Blazers.  Back in the day (that's the mid 1980's for you young readers), just about every event called for a college fraternity man to don his blue blazer, khaki's, starched white shirt, rep tie and his trusty, well worn blue blazer.  It was "The Uniform" for everything from Formal Parties to Class Presentations.

So how cool would I had felt to have a lining screaming blue and gold on the inside whilst maintaining the cool uniform blue on the outside.  I still may pick one of these up just to wear around the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment