Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Heavy D takes in some College Baseball...

So last night my wonderful son Daniel joined me for some college baseball.  About once or twice a year, my Stephen F. Austin State University Lumberjacks come to town for a game.  We missed the game against the University of Houston, but caught the game at Rice University.  Unfortunately, Rice is ranked about 15th in the country and gave my visiting institution a good ole fashioned butt kikkin', blanking us for a 6-0 win.

Daniel and I made it through the 7th inning before taking our leave.  It is a school night after all!  But we did manage to enjoy ourselves with cheeseburgers and peanuts.  And ran into several folks I knew, including a couple of customers and a colleague I worked with years ago.  It just goes to show you can network just about anywhere!


Daniel said he had a great time and that's all that really matters to me.  It is so much fun watching him grow into a quality young man and enjoying a ballgame with his Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment